Monday, August 4, 2014

500,000

So at some point last night this blog hit 500,000 page views. Fairly big milestone for me anyway!

I thought I'd look back on the ten most popular posts from the blog since I started SCASS:-

PL : WTB New Titan - 9210
Mar 17, 2012, 27 comments
This was immediately after we hopdropped a PL titan in their home system. It got linked by CCP on Facebook with the description "We like stories like these."


Can I Haz Eve Stuffz - 6492
Apr 25, 2012, 17 comments
Another post CCP linked on FB. This one was following up a post from Sindel Pellion about how Razor should make an Eve-O keyboard.

Fanfest 2014 - 12 Steps to Happiness - 3120
Nov 27, 2013, 2 comments
No idea why this had so many direct hits. My 12 pieces of advice for Fanfest. Assume someone linked it somewhere.

I'm Sorry, There is No Excuse.... - 2810
Apr 5, 2012, 3 comments
An old bad, bad joke converted to fit into the Eve Online universe. Someone on Redit linked it there.

300, Loren Gallen, Chuck Norris and Overkill - 2641
Oct 3, 2011, 1 comment
I think this one is highly visited just from search results looking for Chuck Norris Facts even though they are Loren Gallen facts!


Last Night of Freedom - 2184
Aug 23, 2013
The only fictional piece in the top 10. No idea why this one is up here!

The Ridiculously Quick Faction War Guide - 2084
Jul 24, 2012, 5 comments
My original FW guide which has been linked here and there around the interwebz.

Caught! Oh Bugger. Two Close Calls in One Night! - 1765
Aug 29, 2011, 2 comments
Again, not sure why this post is so high. May be some keywords in there bring in a lot of search results?

Eve Online Fanfest 2013. Day 3 - 1417
Apr 28, 2013, 1 comment
Wonder what happened here to make this popular?


Faction War Guide 2013 - 1403
Aug 26, 2013, 8 comments
An updated guide.

So there you have it. To celebrate I'm giving away a special ALOD Raven Navy Issue. This is a shit-fit that has been specifically fitted to check as many boxes from TMC's awful loss of the day "bingo box".....

Triple tanked - Check!
Undersized Tanking Mods - Check!
Concordokken - TBC
Dying to Barges - May be!
Unbonused Guns - Check!
Empty Mids/Lows - Check!
Mixed Guns - Check!
Wrong Damage Mods - Check!
AFK in space - TBC
"Pay to Win" - Nope
"Cap Stability" - Sort of, 3 mins
Wrong Tank Type - Check!
PLEX in cargo - Nope
Undersized Guns - Check!
Dual Tanked - Check!
Hull Tanking - Check!
Office Mods on Sub Cap - Check-ish! (A launcher)
Officer Guns - Check!
Joined Hostile Fleet - TBC
Limited Edition - Nope
Excessive Fitting Mods - Some
Mixed buffer/active - Check!
Extender/plates on Caps - NA
No/Empty Rigs - Check!
Useless Rigs/Modules - Check

112 DPS, 153m/sec with the 10mb AB running, Reps 17hp a sec for armour, 50hp in 28.5 sec for hull and 70hp/sec for shield reps. Oh its a beast!


Its worth  valued at somewhere under 1bn ISK and I've filled the hold with booze and strippers. Just leave a comment somehow referencing the word "badger" below and I'll pick the most random to receive the ALOD ship. And remember to leave a name. I cannot contract anything to "Anonymous".

Extra bonus points if you leave the fit as it is and Leeroy it into someone!

17 comments:

  1. So, I have this ship that isn't really useful, but I wanted to test the tank against something. All we had was a badger that a corpmate was flying. Undock, we both agress, and what do you know he pops first... Well, that didn't work very well and now he is pissed that I blew up his ship testing my tank. Maybe I should have turned the guns off (or at least stopped overheating).
    -RHunter 13

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have wonderful fitting skills it sems. Is this fit for ratting gas sites? Or is it to run through null sec like the badger?

    Or maybe this is just another scam. Looks like one. I'll give you the name of my trader alt then, she knows how to block scammers: Alicia Amatin. And be careful, she has powerful friends who could hunt you all over hisec in officer-fit catalysts or gecko-powered skiffs!

    PS: Can I haz ur other stuff 2?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So my buddy sends me this link and of course I click it. Next thing I know my speakers are playing the badger song. You know, "badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom snake snaaaake...." It's the stupidest song ever but it gets stuck in your head after hearing it. So now all I can think is badger badger badger... (Sorry it's kinda catchy). So I decide we are going on a battle badger fleet. Unfortunately I no longer have a badger because CCP in their infinite wisdom decided to take away my badger mark ii and give me a tayra. How dumb is that... to go from a super badger (I mean it's the mark II) to a weasel (apparently that's what a tayra is). Bad move CCP cause badgers are cool... Now where was I going with this... Hey look a snake... Badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom...

    Shahai Shintaro would like her badger... I mean Raven... I think a badger could take a raven... Though the raven does have the flight advantage... But on the ground I put money on the badger.

    So give shahai Shintaro the raven and she'll either fly the raven from it's location to her home base as is, or strip it and pack it in a badger and fly it that way.

    On a non badger related note, I would love to see your 1v1 series come back. I think you only did the rookie ship. I think we now need badgers at dawn. Oops, I guess it was badger related after all but the point still stands

    ReplyDelete
  4. Badger song referenced is real

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6joOVjEemh4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Glad to have helped contribute to your page view count over the past year!

    I doubt this comment is random enough to be entered into your competition, but if I had that ship, I'd set a course straight to Mittanigrad and plow it straight into a station there!

    If not, I may just do the same with a projectile fit Badger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Growling at the badger" will mean something to the Scots out there, and maybe to some of those Commonwealth athletes returning home from Glasgow this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Badger was equipped with the following:

    HIGH
    01 x HEAVY NEUTRON BLASTER II, CALDARI NAVY ANTIMATTER CHARGE M
    01 x ROCKET LAUNCHER II, CALDARI NAVY INFERNO ROCKET

    MEDIUM
    02 x 'HYPNOS' MULTISPECTRAL ECM I
    01 x FAINT EPSILON WARP SCRAMBLER I
    01 x FLEETING PROPULSION INHIBITOR I
    02 x MEDIUM ANCILLARY SHIELD BOOSTER, CAP BOOSTER 50

    LOW
    01 x DAMAGE CONTROL II
    01 x NANOFIBER INTERNAL STRUCTURE II
    01 x MAGNETIC FIELD STABILIZER II
    01 x TRACKING ENHANCER II

    UPGRADES
    01 x MEDIUM ANTI-EM SCREEN REINFORCER I
    02 x MEDIUM CORE DEFENSE FIELD EXTENDER I

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's your random badger: http://jsfiddle.net/tachyawn/DdmP7/47/

    By the way, I, Guumba, solemnly promise to bring the Raven to our very next CTA and have it die glorously in a fiery ball of fail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We do not mean to badger you, but we have run a program and determined that your windows ship has a bug. If you contract it to us, we can check her out and badge her for you. We are not a bad jerk, we promise.

    PS: more fiction please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if I don't win its no big deal, I'll just badger your corpse instead.

      Delete
  10. Badger - but I am more interested in fiction Friday

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a former UW student, I encourage you to keep posting in your great blog with a typical UW-warcry "Go, badger!!" :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. This thing better have a stab on it, or I going to give it back. How can you fly a battleship without a stab... My badger has a full rack of stabs on it and it works just fine. Can't lock anything at all, but it's a badger so who cares. It isn't like anyone will even notice if I did manage to lock them before it popped.
    -Sedul Masterson

    ReplyDelete
  13. ------------------------- NO MORE -----------------------------------

    It's over!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanatos Marathon wins by introducing me to this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx6TBrfCW54

    WTF!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Badger is tasty, with a nice cold brew on a Friday night.

    ReplyDelete